Oh man, how on earth does this thing work?

Hey hey ladys and lads visiting my page! I don't mean to alarm you but I am a bit of a technical meatsack, hence my ugly colour choice and most likely confusing layout. I apologise but have no real intention of improving. Sorry.







If you were still under the impression that this page was an insight into the life and times of my travels in Chile, that I have to sadly dash your dreams of a hilarious tale of my incompetence- I'm back in NZ baby! However, seeing as I've had such a great response to my blog and since my theripist thinks it's a good way for me to share my thoughts (joke), I am going to continue this blog, most likely in a random fashion, with tales of day to day hilarious misunderstandings, annoyances, and general thoughts from out of the blue.







Enjoy, or don't, its your call.







Monday, September 10, 2012

Hermit's adversion to participation with the outside world weakens immune system (The missing Chile Files!!!!! Written June 2010)

Tonights top story; I have a cold. Like a legit cold, with the watery eyes and the runny nose and the brain that feels like its going to explode. It seems that due to the amount or lack there of contact with many people of the outside world has weakened my immune system to the point where I pick up any old bug doing the family rounds. That might not sense, if so just laugh it off as a crazy cold related incident. jajaja. So I may have exaggerated the hermit status, but its true that I do spend a lot of my day time milling around the house, a task that is starting to become a little to mundane for my liking...there is only a certain level of pottering around that one can do before one feels like they are under house arrest or a mental in a looney bin something of that nature. Anyway as soon as I find anything to counteract the situation I will be sure to tell. In other news, work with the kids is going well, in fact as I write this Samantha, the twin with the weakest walking abilities (just stating a fact), just preformed some sort of fantastic gymnastic move on her mini trampoline, I feel as proud as if she were from my own womb. Three kids is really enough to keep you on your toes, kudos to everyone out there who has taken on the great task of childrearing.


Not to say I wasn't glad of a break, this past long weekend (of which there is one of at least every 6 weeks, least the Chileans become overworked) where I headed away with some of the other expats for a weekend up in Las Trancas in the Andes, without the kids. This time there was HEAPS of snow, we went up the mountains in the days and spent the nights in a fantastic canbana, drinking beer and playing various cardgames which I was glad to say I wasn't always the worst at (shot Daniel). As for my snowboarding, can I just say, pro or what. Seriously, I was up on those blue level slopes (novice, but still freaking high) within the first half hour of the first day, carving up the power/my butt. My ultimate weakness has to the be the one foot in one foot out situation, and the end of the ski lift my arch nemisis, there were a few times when a tangle-and-drag-encounter ensued after I tried and failed to get off the ski lift in an orderly manner. Awkward, embarrasing, but ulitmately a fair price to pay for an absolutely incredible view and amazing slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment