Oh man, how on earth does this thing work?

Hey hey ladys and lads visiting my page! I don't mean to alarm you but I am a bit of a technical meatsack, hence my ugly colour choice and most likely confusing layout. I apologise but have no real intention of improving. Sorry.







If you were still under the impression that this page was an insight into the life and times of my travels in Chile, that I have to sadly dash your dreams of a hilarious tale of my incompetence- I'm back in NZ baby! However, seeing as I've had such a great response to my blog and since my theripist thinks it's a good way for me to share my thoughts (joke), I am going to continue this blog, most likely in a random fashion, with tales of day to day hilarious misunderstandings, annoyances, and general thoughts from out of the blue.







Enjoy, or don't, its your call.







Sunday, September 9, 2012

Not like the memes

Howdy Blog followers (We did some drama this afternoon and I was a cowboy, alright?).

I just read my last post and it has been literally a YEAR since I last wrote down my musings. Not to say that I haven't still been musing, mind, but clearly I haven't been sharing my intelligence (and hilarity) with ya'll enough.

So where to start?


Firstly, let's just have a moment of silence for the death of my dear friend, Healthy Bank Account Balance. We had been chums for a while, however she took a turn for the worst recently and rapidly went down hill. Sadly, with her gone, my frivolous and free travelling habits have also gone into demise. But where one life ends, another starts, and I'm proud to say I am a mother to my beautiful Quick Saver Account. He is doing well and ideally will accompany me to Vietnam at the end of the year. More about that in posts to come.


Point B on today's agenda: Hypochondria. I looked this up recently on about.com as I was concerned I might suffer from it (laugh if you get it). I'm not sure if it is just me, but I have a strange and rather alarming fascination with having something "wrong" with me. Seriously, I once had this strange shaky finger thing happening- it was so weird that I videoed it for proof (oddly enough it didn't even show up in the video. Figures). Anyway, the next minute I was on the computer, typing in "Shaky finger, symptom of.....?" which was no mean feat when my finger was shaking as much as it was. Next minute and before you know it, the Internet Gods diagnosed me with a rare form of Lupus, and I had dramatically written myself off as dead- "this is how it starts, Mum, promise you will finish me before it gets too bad!". Considering the ill effects of actually having a horrible disease, Lord knows why I would actually get a thrill out of fake diagnosing myself with various ailments. Perhaps it's the feeling of explanation; knowing that it's treatable holds some sort of relief. On the other hand, the excitement of being "special" of having something someone else doesn't could provide a feeling of superiority "Look, I understand that you wished you had only one hand and sores all over your face like me, but you don't. I have leprosy, you see; I'm special. You'll have to find something else to be unique about". Regardless of the reason, my Internet research has about the equivalent effect on my over imaginative brain as adding rocket fuel to a raging bush fire.

When I'm not looking up "symptoms of gastrointestinal parasites", I'm busy using my precious time elsewhere- namely, memegenerator.com. If you haven't been there, go there. It's amazing and your face will melt right off because you will be laughing so much your jawbone will just jiggle the skin off your face. It's basically just a great face-weight loss exercise site. I especially like the "One does not a simply" ones. The reason why I bring up my 'net-surfin' escapades, is because I notice more and more that my life is basically just one big meme, and I (internally), am bringing the house down with laughter and excitement every time I live out an example. Eg: today I was walking in the hallway at work and a teacher went ahead of me to open the door. I was a good 7-8 paces away (approx 5-7seconds), and this laspe of time was just enough to make the situation uncomfortable for everyone involved. She went away feeling awkward, i'm sure. I went away feeling jubilant that I had lived out an experience, just like "in the memes!". Oh life.


Love A xx



http://memegenerator.net/One-Does-Not-Simply-A  (memegenerator 'one does not a simply'.



No comments:

Post a Comment